Sneaky Statues of Easter Island Game Review

 First, I have to put in a plug for Kohl's Cash! The department store is mostly overpriced in my opinion, but if you need something, like dress shoes for kids to wear to church, that you can't find at the budget options, like Walmart, then you might as well go when they are offering Kohl's Cash. Usually, it is something like $10 when you spend $50. It is easy to spend $50 on a pair of nice men's shoes. The catch is you have to use the $10 coupon at a later date, usually the following week. I am guilty of forgetting I have these coupons in my purse and not taking advantage of them.

But, sometimes, I do well with them. Like this week. 

Sneaky Statues of Easter Island was on the clearance rack for $7.39 (original price $36 and some change). So, with my Kohl's Cash - FREE!

The question is, was it worth it? I did have to drive over the store and spend the gas and the time to get it, so was it a good use of my coupon?


Sneaky Statues is a head to head strategy game for two players. Each player must move his statues, either odd or even numbered, in numerical order. This game is similar to Sticks and Stones that I posted about from our visit to the 1600s village. Players take turns placing their sneaky statue on the board and then move in turn, always in numerical order (6 goes after 5, 5 goes after 4, etc) trying to get 4 in a row. You're opponent always knows what piece you will move next, but does not know where that statue will go on the island.

Learning the rules only took a few minutes, even for the 5 yo, and each game is quickly played. We left it sitting on the table all day today during our school time and when kids were waiting on instructions or a check from mom, or when they just needed a mental break from their school task, they would challenge a sibling to a round. 

I would say it was a hit!

You can check your local Kohls for a copy, maybe you'll find it in the clearance section like we did. Or if you want to order it from the convenience of your home and have it delivered to your door, you can get it on Amazon HERE. Amazon was offering it for just $12.06 with Prime shipping at the time of this post.

**If you click on a link to something I post from Amazon and you buy it through the link, Amazon says they will pay me an advertising fee. I haven't received any yet, but I keep hearing it's possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to can Cider to keep for the winter

The Number - How much money do you need to retire and live the life you really want? Notes from Eisenberg

Homemade Laundry Soap Directions and Tips