How to make Caramel & Pear Pudding Recipe in Crockpot

 


Just the recipe? Go HERE

Whenever someone says, "Raid my garden?" I say yes. And, I take my kids along. We are not farmers, we are city people. We like living in town, just blocks from playgrounds and beaches. But, we also love to visit our country friends and see the bounty of their harvests.

This week, we ventured out to pick pears. My teenage boys climbed up into the high branches to shake them down and then we all worked together to gather them up. 


We put about 8 bushels worth into the back of our friend's pickup truck and then we packed up a bushel to take home.

That's a LOT of pears.

But, they don't last long, as is true with most fresh produce. You must use it up or put it up for the winter. We try to do a little bit of both. So, I usually start by asking the internet for recipes. This one from Taste of Home was our first choice to try and it was delicious. 

I did make mine just a little bit differently than they did though. I used my Crockpot instead of my oven. I doubled the recipe, then layer the batter in the bottom of the pot (I did use cooking spray first to help with clean up, and it did slide right out). I poured the topping over the batter just like the recipe says and then put the lid on and left it on LOW for four hours.

TBH I forgot about it and it was more like five hours later when we actually ate it. It's a forgiving enough recipe and was still yummy.

Next up, pear cider

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to can Cider to keep for the winter

The Number - How much money do you need to retire and live the life you really want? Notes from Eisenberg

Homemade Laundry Soap Directions and Tips